Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Grease stains under steering cables [1 Attachment]

You can clip-on while in the cockpit and lock the helm while at anchor...easy to add.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 2:45 PM cpp_berkeley <no_reply@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from cpp_berkeley included below]

Hi all,

On my A54 #69, I opened the aft berth to inspect the steering and found some grease dripping out of the steering cables. See attached photo. You can see a bit of grease on the cable itself, but the black grease stains below are from the cable "leaking".

On the A54, we don't have an easy way to lock the steering at anchor, so sometimes the steering does turn lock to lock as the boat swings around. I was thinking about tying it off, but am a bit concerned that it would slow down a hasty exit if necessary.

Perhaps over time, this lock to lock rotation has caused a problem and that's the source of the grease? Or is this normal and nothing to worry about?