Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Generator exhaust

michael winand

The new genset is the same as the Onan regarding the isolation mounting and the electrical connection. It has a alternator instead of the generator for charging the 12v battery. Control panel where the Onan remote  start was, giving temperature, oil pressure, amps output /load Ect.
 The retired Onan with 1000hrs was nonfunctional, so we knew that before purchasing. Removed the head due to lack of compression in 2 cylinders.  Found rust in cylinder  and a slight chance of color in the fuel pump housing. I thought it was not a good idea to rebuild the engine.
We are just trying to get the best install of the new one.
Thanks for your help

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 at 0:42, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

Are you installing an isolated ground generator?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 11:22 PM michael winand mfw642000@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, I am installing a new genset into a super maramu 2000.

The engine is a kubota with a 50mm hose going to the vetas water lock. On the outlet of the water lock the hose reduces to 40mm. This is how the original is installed. It has a reducer 50 to 40mm glued  into the water lock.

Can anyone help with the reasons why the hose is reduced in diameter?
The generator supplier  advised to have a 50mm hose going on the water lock outlet.
Thanks