Amel meet-up

Patrick McAneny

-----Original Message-----
To: greatketch
Sent: Thu, Aug 16, 2018 8:42 am
Subject: Re: Amel meet-up

Bill, The dates are as stated in the previous post , but here is the plan again. Boats should plan to arrive in St. Michaels on or before Oct. 1 , that afternoon would be informal , dinghy about meet & greet .
 Oct. 2 we could gather for a pot luck lunch , last time Diane and I had everyone aboard for lunch. This year there will be too many for one boat , so perhaps two boats could raft up for lunch , volunteers ? That evening we would have dinner at the Crab Claw restaurant , meeting there at 6:15 - 6:30pm , I have reserved the back room for the evening , same room as last time. 
Oct.3 Pretty much a free day to tour boats , tour the town. Kent and Iris on Kristy has offered to have a party at Iris's house in St. Michaels that evening, this is not 100% confirmed yet ,as transportation would have to be arranged.
Oct. 4 th. We would sail off, Diane and I plan to sail over to Annapolis to attend the Boat Show the following day. It starts on Oct.4 to the 8th. If other boats plan to head for Annapolis , we could have a rally sailing in mass. This may be the largest collection of Amels in one location ever,outside of La Rochelle.
As to photos, I would be open to that. We also have a very good drone , a Mavic Pro 4k . Perhaps the video could be posted to the Amel facebook ? We are not too techie , but we need to learn how to share/send video .
In the next day or so we are going to post all the names of attendees. We need for everyone to email me direct and have their names taken off the list or add their names. We also need to have a head count for dinner , so everyone who plans to attend needs to give me the number of people . 
See ya there,
Pat & Diane,
SM Shenanigans

To: Patrick Mcaneny <sailw32@...>
Cc: Karen <kls6917@...>
Sent: Wed, Aug 15, 2018 11:32 pm

Pat,

Do you have final dates for the October meet up? Anything we can do to help organize or arrange?

One thing that came up today here at the dock is the number of boatowners who would love to have—but don’t—pictures of their boats under sail. If you think it might be something the group might be interested in, we can contact the local photographers who specialize in boat photos and see what it might cost.  I assume if we split up the cost of their day, it might come in pretty reasonable on a per boat basis.

Bill Kinney
Karen Smith
S/V Harmonie

On Jun 4, 2018, at 13:41, Patrick Mcaneny <sailw32@...> wrote:

Bill, I will take that for a vote for Oct. , I am voting that why myself, think more can make.

Thanks ,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

To: Patrick Mcaneny <sailw32@...>
Sent: Mon, Jun 4, 2018 10:10 am

Pat,

Good on you for organizing a possible Amel meetup!

We just arrived in Annapolis and will be here for a few weeks before heading further north. Then we’ll be back in the Fall.

So right now, it looks like an August date is out for us, and the early October one would work.

Bill Kinney
S/V Harmonie

On May 11, 2018, at 16:44, Patrick Mcaneny <sailw32@...> wrote:

Bill, We will put you on the list of possible and keep you abreast of events
Thanks,
Pat

To: sailw32 <sailw32@...>
Sent: Fri, May 11, 2018 12:42 pm
Subject: Amel meet-up

Hi Pat,

This is from Bill & Karen on Harmonie…

We’ll be in the Chesapeake in early/mid June, and again in early October. If we are there when everybody is getting together, you can be sure we will find a way to be there.

Bill & Karen
Sm160, Harmonie
Rock Sound Harbor, Eleuthera, Bahamas

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.