Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Mystery Maramu object

smiles bernard

Thanks Dennis that’s very helpful
I’ll take the wheel off and see what’s currently in place. I suspect there is a missing part or else I suspect it would have been be reassembled
Many thanks for your help
All the best
Miles

On 16 Aug 2018, at 17:14, Dennis Johns sbmesasailor@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Yes, I believe you are correct that it is the helm brake but it looks like the reason it is not where it belongs is because it is missing the block that the screw presses against the steering shaft.  Don't reassemble before replacing that block (it'll be flat on one side for the screw and curved on the other for the shaft.

Dennis
Libertad
Maramu #121