Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchor Chain twisted in the locker after using some times

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Thank you Bill & Bill
I learned a lot about ISO and DIN chains, - what the former owner unfortunately was not aware when he ordered a new Stainless Steel Chain in 2014!
Hope I can get the 202 Type Gypsy from Lewmar.
Cheers
Ruedi
SY WASABI

On 17 Aug 2018, at 23:33, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

As Bill R points out, varying chain standards are very frequently a source of trouble.

The best advice I received was is to always take the gypsy along with you when buying chain, and make SURE that the new chain lies perfectly in the wheel.  Not close... perfect.

Do not trust the vendor, or the markings.  Test the fit.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA