Leakage from C-Drive Reservoir

Dean Gillies

Hi guys,
I noticed today a small amount of leakage from the cap of my C-Drive reservoir. This was after a fast 3 hour motor at 2100rpm into a F3 and choppy sea. I guess the transmission was working reasonably hard. The upper casing was around 75degC.

My take on this is that the back pressure in the reservoir releases the cap and a little fluid leaks out, maybe just because of the boat movement. The reservoir is showing max level (actually a little above).

I just wanted to throw it out there in case this is something more of a concern than I’m giving it credit for.

I’ll be replacing the transmission fluid in a week or so so i’ll make sure not to go up to Max next time.

Cheers
Dean
SY STELLA
AMEL 54 #154