Re: Leakage from C-Drive Reservoir

Dean Gillies

Hi Colin,
Thanks for that warning. The fluid is not water affected, but maybe I should change those parts before we launch again next year. I guess thay are Amel specific, so I’ll drop a line to Maud.

Hi Bill,
Sorry, that was my poor attention to detail. It’s not Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF), although I do have plenty of that these days!

It is gear oil. Your explanation confirms exactly what I observed, at 25deg it’s at the max level, when hot it’s above it and the pressure will be up. I will fill it to half-mark next time to provide some more air-space for expansion before the cap leaks in tough seas.

Many thanks again,
Dean