Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Anchor swivel [2 Attachments]

Mark,

Maybe your photo proves the opposite. What kind of load did it take to deform? Think about it.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Aug 19, 2018 at 4:08 PM brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

I believe the WASI anchor swivel may be the weak point in the current anchor system.  It may have been state of the art 10 years ago - things change.  I found the WASI swivel deformed, see photos, as Porter described.  Ours was attached to a 33kg Rockna.  It was replaced with a Mantus swivel due to the chain attachment method and its general construction, it appears to a brute.  Additionally, the customer support from the US distributor for WASI was horrible, multiple phone calls with no return calls, etc. - you may know the drill.

Mark & Debbie Mueller
Brass Ring  A54 - 68
Beaufort, NC