Installing diesel heating on a Super Maramu

Terence Singh

I am looking to install Hydronic heating on Libby as she will be in the Pacific North West for a few years to come. This will give us the flexibility to cruise at will during the winter months.

I understand some SM's might have had diesel heating installed at the factory.  Is this the case?

If so, I would appreciate a clear understanding of where the furnace is installed and where the exhaust through hull is located and any other important considerations for this installation.

I would also appreciate any commentary or thoughts from owners that have retrofitted diesel heating, either forced air or hydronic. (hot water heating via radiators and DC fans)

Terry Singh

S.V.Libby

SM#196 Maple Bay, BC