Helm Seat

Patrick McAneny

We have never found our helm seat comfortable,even though I added higher back support and larger teak armrest , it is an earlier model .We have been considering installing a hi back helm seat on a pedestal .I have only seen one, on the SM Nomad in St. Martins . It looked very comfortable ,yet a bit big. Size concerns me a little , but my real concern is stability . Sitting on top of a pedestal in rough seas concerns me. Can anyone with experience with a pedestal seat, tell me if it felt stable.

Thanks,

Pat

SM123