Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Helm Seat

Pat,

All I am saying is, until you experience the security of that helm seat design in heavy conditions, I believe you would not change it. I believe that after you experience those conditions, your understanding of the design will change.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 8:38 AM Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill, I would install a metal backing plate under the deck , so structurally I am not too concerned. It is that the tube is sleeved (allowing for height adjustment)and attachment points under the seat may combine to allow a degree of movement that concerns me. My seat now only has a slight curvature built in for adjusting to heel ,you may have the same seat. The chair I am looking at has side bolsters that mimics that somewhat. Since we are generally on auto pilot , I could swivel the seat seat towards windward and have a 15 degree recline,might be pretty comfortable while still be able to monitor gauges. My main concern is that it may look a bit big and movement,that would bother me.

Thanks,
Pat
SM123