Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Micron 66 Caribbean experience

John Clark

I certainly hope Micron 66 is OK as we have 7 gallons onboard for our upcoming haulout.  Boat has 2 year old ablative already.  My intention is like Mark to have a light sanding then two coats of 66.  Will let you know how it works out over next two years.

                   John
John Clark
SV Annie SM #37
Le Marin

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 3:11 PM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dan,

I slap a couple of coats on whenever I haul. The Micron 66 is ablative and is going to flake off as it is designed to do. Last summer in Grenada, we put three coats on. It had been two and half year since the last haul and the bottom paint was thin.  When we hauled in Curacao (unexpectedly) a couple of months ago, we had them put two coats on after a light sand. We have no issues with growth or barnacles.

Hope this helps.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us