Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Solar panels on the rail

Mark Pitt

Paul,

   I have a 125 watt panel on each side.  Did this about 10 years ago.  Panel are attached to the rail with Stauff clamps (http://www.stauff.com/) which allows me to easily rotate them into the sun, or fold them when coming into marina.

   Mark Pitt

  Sabbatical III, SM #419, Lanzarote, Canary Islands

On 8/28/2018 8:31 PM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:
For you who have solar panels on the rail, which size do you have?
Currently we have 450 w on an Emek Arc, and 2x 100 watt on the rail, the 2x 100 are semi flexible works ok, but I can see that they degrade and will not last very long. Plan to install ridged panels on the rail instead. 100 watt readily available, in US next step looks as 160 watt but they looks a bit large size wise. hence the question from you with experience.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259

Posted by: osterberg.paul.l@...

Yahoo Groups Links