Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: SM Pole Lengths

karkauai

Hi Bill,
Kristy is1999 SM 2K #243. She has the pin on the stanchion and therefore the shorter poles.  If a 1996 has the longer ones and 1999 has shorter ones, maybe the change happened with the 2K version?

I have a 135% Genoa that reaches to about 4 feet from the end of the pole.  It has a higher cut clew than the original sail, I think.
Kent

On Aug 29, 2018, at 3:34 AM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

We're parked next to a 1996 Super Maramu and his poles are over the gunwale, he doesn't have a fitting on the stanchion like we do...so our poles (2004) are as you say about 50 cm shorter than his.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437
Baie de Ravolieu, Vanuatu