Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Question about the refrigiration system on an A54

Thomas, 

That result aligns perfectly with what I was told. The blue box device will sense the voltage needed and deliver either 24 or 12VDC.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM 'S/V Garulfo' svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As promised, my feedback:

I measured 23.5V at the poles for the water pump on the pump controller. Got puzzled again as it’s meant to be for a 12V pump. Talked to Veco who told me i should measure with the pump connected and running. At which point i measured 13.5V.

Best,

Thomas
GARULFO 
A54-122
Curaçao 

On Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 05:23, Nick ngtnewington@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Apologies you are right. I just measured 13.5v at the circulating pump. Not sure how I got that wrong, anyway. So they need to be 12v pumps for sure.

Nick 

Amelia (54)

On 7 Aug 2018, at 02:28, arno.luijten@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Today I measured the voltage directly across the circulation pump for the fridges and it measures 12.5 Volts when one or more fridges are running/cooling. That makes sense as the pump is 12 Volt.

Frigoboat does tell you to use a voltage divider in case you have a single  compressor setup and a 24 volt system. They even sell a device for this. But when you use the multi-compressor pump switch the divider is apparently build into the switch already.

So I dont' think the original Frigoboat pump can/should be used at 24 Volt. It's likely to burn up very quickly.

Cheers,

Arno

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.