Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Helm Seat

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Alan, what are the overall dimensions. Mine is 480 mm x 480 mm Mine has an alloy hinge, I avoided plastic hinges for security reasons. In a big seaway there will be quite a load on it

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 01 September 2018 at 08:46 "divanz620@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The seat cushion on our seat measures 420mm across, 440mm front to back.

I think you'll find that most boat seats are in that range or bigger.
They have to be that size otherwise you couldn't sit comfortably on them.
We are very happy with our seat and have no problems getting past it.
Folded back against the nav table it is a very useful aid in getting wet weather gear on and off, not that we do that very often!
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437