Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Measuring Volvo TMD-22 oil level

Ryan Meador

Thank you. That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure!

On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, 8:22 AM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ryan and Kelly,

On the engine it is designed to give the correct level when the dipstick is fully inserted and pressed down.

The opposite is true on the ZF transmission. The correct why to check ATF to not fully reinsert the dipstick but to let it rest without screwing it back in for a correct reading.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us