From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonline.net>
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Richard and Joan
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2008, 9:08 PM
Hi,

The euro must be killing you.

I haul the boat every year and do the bottom and replace
the wearing out
bearing in the saildrive.

I have not had such problems.

What are you doing?

Eric

_____

From: eric <kimberlite@optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> e.net>
To: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, January 4, 2008, 1:36 PM
Hi,

My slip number at Simpson Bay Marina is c-10 my cell
there
is 599-527-1858

Other cell is 631-398-9990.

Fair Winds,

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2008 7:07 AM
To: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com

Eric, we are the poster child. And yes, we will head
down to Simpsons Bay as the last time we went to
Oliver's we got to plow some corn rows.

Ask you crew person to give me a call if they are
free.. 603 502 6273. Once we round the corner at 66
we should be in warm water and tee shirts.

Looking forward to meeting up with you.
Clear sky and fari winds
Richard and Joan on Challenge SM 209

--- eric <kimberlite@optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net> e.net>
wrote:

BURRRR

I am already there. When will you arrive and
where
do you expect to stay. I
am at the Simpson bay marina.

The reason I asked is that I had dinner with my
usual crew in New York City
last night. One of my crew had an OPO posting
which
I assumed was yours
looking for crew.

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Piller
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:55 PM
To: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com

Yes, we will depart in the end of Jan. for St.
Martin.
Want to come along?
Richard and Joan

--- eric <kimberlite@optonlin
<mailto:kimberlite%40optonline.net>
e.net>
wrote:

Richard and Joan,

are you planning on leaving for the
Caribbean
later
this January?

From: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Piller
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:37 PM
To: amelyachtowners@
yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] gasoline
smell

When we have to store a fuel tank of any
kind in
the
aft locker we put in a heavy plastic the bag
and
wire
tie it. That keeps the oders from the rest
of the
boat.

We used C-map for eletronic charts in the
Med.
they
worked very well.. We also made good use of
the
Imray
Almanac for the Med. it cost a bit but has
all
the
ports.

The I-Com 802 with the Pactor III is about
as
good
as
it get for HF/SSB.

We found that we got good reception on the
SSB in
the
Med at most times of the day.

Good luck. Richard and Joan SM 209
In Annapolis
--- dr_hofschulte <Dr.Hofschulte@
<mailto:Dr.Hofschulte%40t-online.de>
t-online.de> wrote:

I mean gasoline smell from the gasoline
for
the
outboarder.
I think there is only one locker which
has
no
connection to the inside
rooms, this is the locker for the
life-raft.This
locker is not
suitably for a gasoline tank to stow
away.
For
the
other lockers it is
neccessary to have the connection to
close
them
from
inside.
So I think there is no real solution.
We
have to
put
the tanks outside.

There is also annother question: may be
this
year
or
latest next year
we want to go to the mediterranean
eastern
part,
turkey.
We have windows XP on board, what do
you
think
is
now the best electronic
chart programm and what are the best
charts?
May
be
we will go after
the mediterranean to the caribic.
What SSB is recommended to buy, and
which
kind
of
antenna? To send and
to receive e-mails via SSB? Pactor ?
I have got the e-mails the last four
years
and
it
was very interesting
for me to read all the messages. Last
year
we
bought
the three years
old Sm in the baltic and we are happy
with
our
Johanna-Amalthea.
Thanks alot for your answers.It helps
realy
much.

Hans Germany baltic sea
Johanna-Amalthea Sm # 436

Be a better friend, newshound, and
http://mobile.
<http://mobile.
<http://mobile.
<http://mobile.
<http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ>
yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

removed]

http://www.yahoo. <http://www.yahoo.
<http://www.yahoo.
<http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs> com/r/hs> com/r/hs>