Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Insurance Providers

Mark Garver

Joey,

We use Pantaenius America, Ltd and have had nothing but great results with them. From first contact, we had insurance papers in about a week, maybe two.

Mark
S/V It’s Good
Amel SM #105

On Sep 4, 2018, at 10:25 AM, x_holdfast_x@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I spent today calling several different insurance companies to get quotes on covering an Amel SM.  Here was the outcome:

USAA: Does not have Amel listed as a manufacturer in their database (nada.com)

Progressive: Similar situation to Amel and they say the HID needs to be 12 characters (I was given 10 by the seller)

I am surprised that Amel is not in their system as a boat manufacturer.  Is there a company that most Amel owners use?  Is this a common obstacle for owners trying to find insurance for an Amel?

Thanks for any help here.

Best,

Joey