Re: House Battery Balancing and Farewell for 2018

Alan Leslie

Nigel Calder also suggests this.....and it seems like a reasonable idea...but it's a lot of extra cabling, maybe not so different to what we have.
Anything you can do to try to balance the charge / discharge of the individual batteries has to be better than doing nothing.
Our experience was that a number of batteries really almost died...and significantly, they were all at the -ve end of the bank...which doesn't make much sense to me as electron flow (as opposed to "conventional current") is from -ve to +ve.
However, the battery balancer installation seems to have solved it ....2+ years now and no issues
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437