Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: mizzen furler failure

Ryan Meador

My black ring was held securely in place.  The previous owner used silicone, and I had to do some prying to get it out.  The inner mechanism (what I called the barrel) popped forwards somewhat even with the black ring in place, which is what caused the gears to no longer mesh.

I will try contacting Amel.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 7:44 AM 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Aletes also suffered from the black ring working itself loose. We drilled and tapped a ¼” hole on either side of the housing and installed set screws to secure the black ring in place.

Mike Ondra

Aletes SM#240

Rock Hall, MD