Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: mizzen furler failure

Ryan Meador

The threads appear to be intact on this piece, but it's possible they're stripped on the other side still in the mast.  It's very hard to see in there.  I can't think of any way of applying enough torque to screw it back in, though, since the inner part rotates independently of the outer part, and only the inner part is accessible when it's inside the hole in the mast.  Hopefully Amel has a diagram for me.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:52 AM Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

In the photo it looks as though there are threads at the end of the outer housing by the gear?  if so could they be stripped?

Just an observation
Cheers
Courtney
svTrippin