Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchorchain, length

karkauai

I have100m which has been more than enough for the East Coast USA and Caribbean.  Once in the S Pacific will be routinely anchoring in 35-45m.  You can’t put enough chain for that in your bow locker, too heavy.  I will add another 80m of one inch nylon three-strand for those deep anchorage’s, assuming I can make a rode-to-chain splice that will go through the hawsepipe.  If it won’t,  I’ll try 7/8” nylon rode, but don’t think I’d be comfortable with anything less than that.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Sep 6, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Arthur Sundqvist arthur@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

What is the best length for the standard anchor chain 10mm ISO for the Super Maramu?

Is 125m ok or is that to much???
And swivel or no swivel??

arthur
SM 435  Vista