Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Boom crutch? [4 Attachments]

smiles bernard

Steve, Mark, Alan and Dennis
Thanks to you all for your help
It seems their is a strong consensus here!
You guys mention the ‘preventer’
I think we call this the kicker in the UK
But worth checking I’m not missing the point here!?
All the very best
Miles

On 6 Sep 2018, at 13:09, Stephen Morrison steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Much as Alan suggested, we too keep the boom under tension when not in use. We have added attachment loops as shown in the photos to keep everything out of the way of the side decks. The Main sits centered and the mizzen goes to port.

Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Boothbay, Maine

On Sep 6, 2018, at 5:56 AM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We just use the preventer/vang on each boom to hold them steady tensioned against the sheet...the mizzen is the real issue...the car goes tack, tack, tack all night long if you don't tie it down

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437