Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What are the todo’s before and after haulot of a SM2K
Ken Powers <sailingaquarius@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hope the list helps you, and all others that own SM's. We all want every SM maintained well, as it will make them all worth more in the future!!!
Check out our youtube channel "Sailing Aquarius Around the World". We have a Super Maramu tour, and Choosing Boat Batteries, and next Thursday we will release the day to day maintenance aboard Aquarius video.
If you would like our lists, let me know... info@sailingaquarius do t co m
Currently in Tahaa in the Society Islands
On Monday, September 3, 2018 1:46 PM, "'Olaf Bauer MIA-AMARA at Yahoo' olaf_renos@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:
Thanks so much for your list.
Appreciate is very 😊
Sent: 02 September 2018 15:59
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What are the todo’s before and after haulot of a SM2K
If you are leaving the boat on the hard for a while here is a list you may want to think about:
Sea Water Valves
1. Close all sea water valves. There are two in the engine room.
2. Put a little vegetable oil in the valves and work them. Make sure
you run the engines for at least 1 hour before running the water
maker when you return. No oil should be introduced to water maker.
Salt Water Removal
1. Clean bilge
2. Test the bilge pump
3. Test the bilge pump alarm.
1. Turn off all the 24V equipment not to be used.
2. Turn off fresh water pump.
3. Circuit breakers in wet locker to be off.
4. Check current to see if charging or discharging the batteries
5. Turn off inverter
6. Bow Thruster locked
7. Clean out refrigerators
1. Loosen Halyards.
2. Put on Covers as required.
3. Outboard put away and run with fresh water until all gas is burned out of the carburetor..
4. Turn off gas bottle valve in trunk.
5. Take down flags as required
6. Lock and remove engine key.
7.. Lock all storage lockers. (From inside Aquarius)
8. Shut and lock windows/hatches as required. (anywhere water can get in?)
Last - Lock cockpit door.
Leaving Aquarius on a mooring ball, or at anchor (Not Recommended)
1. Close the valves to water tight doors.
2. Close water tight doors.
Leaving Aquarius for more than a few weeks:
1. Try to have an air conditioner (or De-Humidifier) running if in a humid climate.
2. Have someone trust worthy to watch over Aquarius.
a. Membranes must be flushed every week for 10 minutes.
b. Check engine room for any leaks or something wrong.
c. Should check the battery level in the morning before 9AM, if below 25V
at anytime, contact owner.
In two weeks my SM2K will be haul out. For me it is the first time of a haul out with a SM2K.
What would you suggest to do before and (directly) after haul out?
That’s my current list:
Before haul out
- Empty the black water tanks and fill up with 0.5 Ltr vegetable oil. Open and close shortly the valves.
- Flush the Main engine, the generator and the AC’s with fresh water.
Thanks so much in advance.
S/V Sayonara II, SM2K 392
currently in Martinique