If you are leaving the boat on the hard for a while here is a list you may want to think about:
1. Close all sea water valves. There are two in the engine room.
2. Put a little vegetable oil in the valves and work them. Make sure
you run the engines for at least 1 hour before running the water
maker when you return. No oil should be introduced to water maker.
- Run the engine and Generator for 5 minutes with fresh water..
- Run the air conditioners with fresh water for 5 minutes.
- Flush the Toilets with fresh water from the engine room.
- Run Fresh water through the anchor washClean bilge
3. Test the bilge pump alarm.
- Back flush the water maker membranes.
- Pickle if required. (or - Find someone to back-flush every week for 10 minutes)
1. Turn off all the 24V equipment not to be used.
2. Turn off fresh water pump.
3. Circuit breakers in wet locker to be off.
4. Check current to see if charging or discharging the batteries
7. Clean out refrigerators
2. Put on Covers as required.
3. Outboard put away and run with fresh water until all gas is burned out of the carburetor..
4. Turn off gas bottle valve in trunk.
5. Take down flags as required
6. Lock and remove engine key.
7.. Lock all storage lockers. (From inside Aquarius)
8. Shut and lock windows/hatches as required. (anywhere water can get in?)
Last - Lock cockpit door.
Leaving Aquarius on a mooring ball, or at anchor (Not Recommended)
1. Close the valves to water tight doors.
2. Close water tight doors.
Leaving Aquarius for more than a few weeks:
1. Try to have an air conditioner (or De-Humidifier) running if in a humid climate.
2. Have someone trust worthy to watch over Aquarius.
a. Membranes must be flushed every week for 10 minutes.
b. Check engine room for any leaks or something wrong.
c. Should check the battery level in the morning before 9AM, if below 25V
at anytime, contact owner.
In two weeks my SM2K will be haul out. For me it is the first time of a haul out with a SM2K..
What would you suggest to do before and (directly) after haul out?
- Empty the black water tanks and fill up with 0.5 Ltr vegetable oil. Open and close shortly the valves.
- Flush the Main engine, the generator and the AC’s with fresh water.
Thanks so much in advance.
S/V Sayonara II, SM2K 392