Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] What are the todo’s before and after haulot of a SM2K

Olaf Bauer MIA-AMARA at Yahoo <olaf_renos@...>

Hello Eric,

The same when the blue line is running over the fore cleat. Did that many times on my Santorin as a single handed sailor. Very easy and could be handed by one person.

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 07 September 2018 23:57
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] What are the todo’s before and after haulot of a SM2K

When we were at Amel taking delivery of Kimberite, Olivier showed us to use a block on the foredeck and run the blue line back the the cleat forward of the dodger.

He showed us to hang the pole off the rail with the attached hook and set the red, yellow and white lines on the pole and cleats. The blue line ran from the pole to the block and then to the cleat. Having the blue line aft allows one person to push the pole outboard and pull the blue line at the same time. In this way one person can then tie off the blue line at the marked portion at the cleat and then just raise the topping lift. You are then done. Very simple for one person.

Fair Winds,

eric

SM376 Kimberlite

On Fri, Sep 07, 2018 at 09:22 PM, 'Olaf Bauer MIA-AMARA at Yahoo' olaf_renos@yahoo.com <mailto:olaf_renos@yahoo.com> [amelyachtowners] wrote:

I did it the same way on my previous AMEL, a Santorin. For me it was one good reason to do so: nothing is in the way hen you have to go around on the front deck.