Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] SSB ground plate access point?

Mark Erdos

Miles,

The weatherfax isn’t suppose to be grounded. It is basically a HF receiver. An SSB or HF radio only needs to be grounded when transmitting. You can even receive stuff by putting a wire coat-hanger into the antenna connection.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us