engine shutdown

Patrick McAneny

I wrote a few weeks ago that my volvo engine would not shut off with
the key.Last week at the Annapolis boat show I spoke to a mechanic
there representing Volvo.He told me that the relay that supplies the
power to shut down the engine has a ground.I cleaned the ground
contacts and problem solved.The relay is located in a black,plastic box
at the top,back of the engine (towards bow).The gound wire comes out of
the bottom of the box and connects to the block at the bell
housing.There was a small plastic connection with two studs in the
middle of the wire ,I saw no purpose for it ,I could'nt get good
contact through it so I bypassed it.Thought I'd pass this along hope it
helps. Pat/Shenanigans SM 123