Re: Turbo smoking

Giovanni TESTA

HI,
look at water mixing near turbo. I had ( Yanmar) a very little hole
and very thin dust, like smoke,going out.May be You have to check
with magnifying glass.
Than, first aid, is possible to close with a paste for metal.
For me was ok. otherwise you have to purchase a new mixer..expensive.
I hope it helps.
Giovanni
EUTIKIA SM2K 428

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "sailw32" <sailw32@...>
wrote:

I have a volvo tm22a, a couple of days ago we were motoring into
25-30
knt.winds and of course rough seas.I never went above 2400
rpms,when I
took a look at my engine ,I noticed wiffs of smoke emenating from
under
or around the insulating cover over the turbo.The engine itself did
not
seem to be running hot.I was wondering if others have seen small
wiffs
of smoke.I know turbo get pretty hot, but I would'nt think this is
normal,any suggestions as to why this may occur ? Thanks,Pat