Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane

Mark Garver

We are down near Mobjack bay, up the Severn River and we had our boat hauled out yesterday to be on the safe side. We were hauling her in a couple of weeks anyway for a good bottom cleaning, so it all worked out. I hope everyone was able to get clear of Florence and the ones following.

SV It's Good

On Sep 13, 2018, at 07:51 AM, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:


Danny, The Chesapeake Bay will have little to no impact from the hurricane. Most damage will be limited to the N and S Carolina coastline and inland many miles. It is due to come ashore Friday, with tidal surge as high as 13 ft. on top of high tides and then large waves on top of that. We dodged that bullet, at my age I don't need the excitement . I feel for those in the way,the flooding will be bad. I guess you are in Alaska by now, enjoy your trip.


-----Original Message-----
From: simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hurricane


Hi Pat and others in the line. 
How are all you guys situated with that hurricane coming in. Feel for you all. Wishing you all the best.
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

On 12/09/2018 04:24, "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
Rick, Sorry about your deal, but get out of there. If you have not seen the latest forecast, they are predicting it to turn SW , maybe going S along coast before turning inland . So that brings it closer to Charleston . Don't waste time replying , but let us know how you make out with the storm ,when you can.
Be Safe and Good Luck,
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: rickgrimes1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] S/V Rascal


Hello Amel Friends,

With mixed feelings about selling, we recently asked you to identify anyone you knew who might be interested in buying Rascal.  Happily, we received a number of inquiries and had a contract soon thereafter. 

However, we couldn’t come to agreement on price and the buyer reneged.  So we are happy to keep sailing until a serious buyer comes along—perhaps referred to us by one of you.  Updated details about Rascal can be seen here.  

Rascal is berthed at the Charleston City Marina, SC though we are likely to leave tomorrow morning to flee the wrath of Hurricane Florence!


Rick and Linda Grimes

ASM2K #404



Join to automatically receive all group messages.