From: sailw32 <sailw32@aol.com>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Turbo smoking
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 8:22 AM
I have a volvo tm22a, a couple of days ago we were motoring
into 25-30
knt.winds and of course rough seas.I never went above 2400
rpms,when I
took a look at my engine ,I noticed wiffs of smoke
emenating from under
or around the insulating cover over the turbo.The engine
itself did not
seem to be running hot.I was wondering if others have seen
small wiffs
of smoke.I know turbo get pretty hot, but I would'nt
think this is
normal,any suggestions as to why this may occur ?
Thanks,Pat