Re: Volvo engine RPM

greatketch@...

Ahmet,

The engine speed for the Volvo TMD22 in a Super Maramu should run close to 3000 RPM at full throttle, with a clean hull and bottom. This should move the boat at 8 knots in calm water.

Most people seem to cruise at between 6 and 7 knots and 2000 to 2500 RPM.

It is important to note that this is slower maximum engine rpm than the specifications published by Volvo. This was a deliberate decision by Amel to have the engine run quieter and last longer.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <ahmetkipcak@...> wrote :

I would like to say hello to everybody and thanks for very helpful info sharing here.
I bought my Amel 1999 six mounts ago, My engine Volvo TMD 22, 1999, 2500hours.
I would like to learn what average engine rpm should I see with max power with clean auto prop propeller.
When I was sailing with engine off, still I observed slow turn in drive shaft, is this normal for auto prop properler.

Thanks for your help

Ahmet K─░PCAK