take the insulating cover off and see what I see. Its not yet as cold as when
you guys left here last Jan.,but the mornings have been in the low 30's recently
.People are not meant to live in freezers.Wish you a warm winter,Thanks Pat

In a message dated 10/22/2008 5:50:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
richard03801@yahoo.com writes:

Pat, the turbo is apart of the the exhaust system and therefore gets very
hot. That is why they talk about an inter cooler. If any oil or any matter at
all gets on to or under there it will smoke. The better question is do you
smell any exhaust gases in the engine room?
Regard
Richard and Joan in Corse on Challenge SM 209

--- On Tue, 10/21/08, sailw32 <_sailw32@aol.sai_ (mailto:sailw32@aol.com) >
wrote:

From: sailw32 <_sailw32@aol.sai_ (mailto:sailw32@aol.com) >
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Turbo smoking
To: _amelyachtowners@amelyachtowname_
(mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com)
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 8:22 AM
I have a volvo tm22a, a couple of days ago we were motoring
into 25-30
knt.winds and of course rough seas.I never went above 2400
rpms,when I
took a look at my engine ,I noticed wiffs of smoke
emenating from under
or around the insulating cover over the turbo.The engine
itself did not
seem to be running hot.I was wondering if others have seen
small wiffs
of smoke.I know turbo get pretty hot, but I would'nt
think this is
normal,any suggestions as to why this may occur ?
Thanks,Pat