Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Grease for oil seals

Bill,
Your answer was wonderful - just not addressed to the person who asked the question.
Cheers

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Craig,
My answer was appropriate.
Best,
CW Bill Rouse

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:42 PM sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill - believe that was Pat#123's question.

---In amelyachtowners@..., <brouse@...> wrote :

Craig,

I suggest sticking with waterproof grease, unless you find out specifically what type of silicone grease Amel has been using lately in Martinique. There are many different kinds of silicone grease.

Best,

CW Bill RouseOn Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 20:14 sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am going in install three new oils seals and a new wear bushing . I have for years been using wheel bearing grease,I have never had any leaks. However, I saw a mention of silicone grease being used. Would that be better ,is this what is supposed to be used?

Thanks,

Pat

SM#123