Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvo engine RPM

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi. Tmd 22 full rpm under power is 2800.

Many of us sweated not understanding this. If you get many more revs than this you are likely to have the turbo by pass frozen resulting in excessive boost and if not corrected fatal engine damage.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean pearl

On 16 September 2018 at 00:29 "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ahmet,

The engine speed for the Volvo TMD22 in a Super Maramu should run close to 3000 RPM at full throttle, with a clean hull and bottom. This should move the boat at 8 knots in calm water.

Most people seem to cruise at between 6 and 7 knots and 2000 to 2500 RPM.

It is important to note that this is slower maximum engine rpm than the specifications published by Volvo. This was a deliberate decision by Amel to have the engine run quieter and last longer.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <ahmetkipcak@...> wrote :

I would like to say hello to everybody and thanks for very helpful info sharing here.
I bought my Amel 1999 six mounts ago, My engine Volvo TMD 22, 1999, 2500hours.
I would like to learn what average engine rpm should I see with max power with clean auto prop propeller.
When I was sailing with engine off, still I observed slow turn in drive shaft, is this normal for auto prop properler.

Thanks for your help

Ahmet KİPCAK