Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rigging

Hello Heinz,

I was 5 months in Panama and never heard of a rigger in the country.

However, the winds are lighter in the Pacific and if your rig was checked by a good rigger in the recent past, you’ll be ok.

If you need a GREAT one in Tahiti, look for Benoit Parnaudeau.  He used to rig Isabelle Autissier’s boat plus he skippered a Volvo 60 in the RTW solo event a few years back.

Good luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera SM 007
Vava’u, TONGA

On 17 Sep 2018, at 04:48, Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Heinz

I believe there is only one rigger on the pacific side. A friend on a 55 would not give him a great review. John. john@... would be good to contact.

I hope you guys are well!!

Porter
Ibis A54-152

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Sep 16, 2018, at 9:11 AM, heinz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hallo all

I hope everyone survived the hurricane well.

my Quetzal is currently in Shelter Bay Marina in Panama on the dry one.

Does anyone know a good Rigger in panama?

I would like to have my rig checked before I go on to the Pacific.

I would be grateful for an answer.

Fair Winds

Heinz Stutenbäumer

SV Quetzal, SM 2000 - 292