Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Barcelona Amel Mechanic

Bob,

When in Barcelona at Port Vell, I wanted to get the valve lash adjusted by a professional. In the past, I  had done this job twice. I also wanted to buy a few Yanmar spares. My intention was to have a real pro put his eyes on the engine, after years of a semi-pro working on it (me). I thought maybe he might see something that I missed. I spoke to the area's recommended Yanmar mechanic.
The Yanmar guy is Eduardo Platero <eduardo@...>
Talleres Platero S.L.
Fastenrath 70. BARCELONA 08035.
Tel.   +34 93 420 76 45
FAX. +34 93 358 95 33

info@...
www.talleresplatero.com

I basically interviewed him and believed that he was a real pro. We scheduled the service and he agreed to deliver the parts at the time of service. The guy that showed up for the service was completely different and based on his age probably had no more than 2 years experience. So, the semi-pro (me) was his supervisor!

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 4:01 AM rossidesigngroup@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Anyone know a mechanic or service in Barcelona that is experienced with Amels?  We are here for about a month and want to check our engine alignment and mounts before setting off across the Atlantic.  We had spent some time docked at Amel Mediterrranee in Hyères but it was a very busy time for them and the mechanic they tend to use was not available.

Bob and Suzanne SM429, KAIMI

Port Vell