Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Interior wood quality

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi. Be encouraged Paul. Plywood is much stronger than solid timber because of the grains in each ply lying differently. And good Maine ply uses very good glues to hold it together

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 21 September 2018 at 15:40 "Paul Stascavage pstas2003@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Kent and thank you to you as well Alan. I don't know why, but for some reason I thought everything was solid Mahogany.

Looking more closely at the hand holds it is evident that the bulk heads are not.

I learn so much being a part of this forum, but this is one piece of information I almost wish I missed.

All the best,

Paul
SM #466
S/V Rita Kathryn