Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Ian you are a Genius

Thanks, Eric,

 Sorry you missed out on the beer. I will have one for you--here in Brazil where we have just been in the Pantanal, swimming in rivers full of cayman and piranhas. Amazingly, they keep their distance but the piranhas are easily caught with a line, any hook and a lump of meat. Not much flesh on them but they do make good sushi.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 21 September 2018 04:40:21
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Ian you are a Genius

I had to take the end caps off again today. I thought i would try your method. It is absolutely
the best !!!

No more vises
no more water pressure
no more strap wrenches.
Beer was not necessary.
I didn't think it would be so easy--absolutely amazing.
Thank You !!
Eric
Sm 376 Kimberlite

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 07:46 AM, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Alternatively.....take a short piece of webbing and make a loop, trapping the ends of the loop onto the end cap with a jubilee clip.  Sit down in the cockpit with a beer. Put the loop over a cleat on the mizzen mast and give the tube a sharp tug.  Bingo! (  only two hands needed and you don't get wet ! )

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece