Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mechanics in Leros, Greece

Ian Shepherd

Hajo,

I am in Leros marina right now having my Vetus coupling changed. As others have written up, its been a very difficult job to remove the coupling from the C-drive shaft. Normally I would do mechanical maintenance myself, but this job proved too difficult without better tools and someone to help. The two mechanics Manolis and Petros do seem to be very professional and I have no worries about their abilities. They also have a comprehensive workshop.

There are two 54's and two SM's on the same dock as me, so I would guess that the mechanics have some Amel experience. I believe they charge 50 per hour for their work.

For hull work, you will not find better than Poseiden Yacht Services in Netsel Marina Marmaris. I used then last summer and another SM did the same this year after a disastrous experience in Gocek.

Leros Marina is well protected, the staff friendly and the food at Skippers is excellent.

I will ask around about the Amel experience here for you and get back to you.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader Leros

On 23/09/2018 17:44, Amw amw08@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hello Amelians,

we reserved a winter berth in Leros Marina and next year we have to do some work at the underwater ship ( Antifouling, Prop shaft seals replacement, Bowthruster, possible Volvo TMD 22 check, etc. )

I guess that some of you had been in Leros. So it would be great if someone can give me an advice which mechanics are experienced in Amel yachts here in Leros.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hajo
SM 150 Serafine

Von meinem iPad gesendet