Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] run away windlass

karkauai

Hi Bill,
That’s probably a good idea, do you have pics of the installations and the parts/sources you used?

I know there’s been discussion in the past about adding a fuse/breaker/interrupt switch for the bow thruster.  Did you do that while you were at it?  If not, what was your thought process about it?

Thanks
Kent

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Sep 23, 2018, at 7:03 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We added breakers to interrupt the power to the motors for the windlass, and jib furler and, more recently, an emergency stop system for the sheet winches for this reason.

The previous owners of Harmonie had the same problem happen with a jib sheet winch--relay contacts welded themselves shut and no way to stop it without cutting the power to the whole boat.  (On older SM's--like ours--the control box for the port side winch is way up high, inside the cockpit locker.)

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA