Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Boat Considerations...

William Klein <sidecar1@...>

If you want to throw another boat into the fray, I have a Maramu ketch for sale in the New York City area. The boat is in very good running condition and also has the prop in an aperture and has a line cutter on the prop shaft as an extra measure if you plan on running through lobster territory. Leave a message at sidecar1@verizon.net if you want more info. Bill Klein SV "Popeye"

----- Original Message -----
From: passagemakersv_friendship
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:19 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Boat Considerations...

Hey Folks,

We are looking at two boats for purchase; a Sharki and a
Euros. The Euros has the prop' in an aperature and may keep line
(lobster pots) out of it, plus it is cheaper. The Sharki is in the
same condition as the Euros (they both need work). The plans are
for the wife and I to step up from our Pearson Vanguard to one of
these boats for our off shore cruising. While there is a
considerable price difference, The Sharki is the more alluring of
the two. We don't need, and probably can't afford a larger boat
(got to preserve the cruising kitty). I sure could use some input!
I am boat and systems knowledgable, but not about Amels, and I don't
have to tell you about the lack of information about them. We had
been waffling about pilot house or not, and many other options that
the Amel line seems to agree with us on. I am 50 now, and really
don't wish to sit in the elements to helm any more than necessary
(I'll do it, but can't expect it out of the wife). With the
Vanguard we are planning to stick to the Caribbean, but with an Amel
the world opens up. Please tell us about any common problems and
what you think of the boats in general. Any owners of the above
boats who wouldn't mind further contact for a chat would also be
appreciated.

Thanks,
David & Brenda