Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu: Cabin light fuse location?!

Miles,

It is always a problem to follow a previous owner who either did not document changes and/or did not label wires. I am sure that you will act differently. The best way to label a wire is with a white sleeve over the wire, but that is not always possible. I found some wire-ties with a label tag that helped me.

There are all sorts of styles of these attachable labels. Here is a link to one of them: https://www.amazon.com/Amgate-Write-Ethernet-Marking-100pcs/dp/B0153CAU2M

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 6:56 AM smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Just to say that I’ve now managed to trace the problem.

Luckily one of the cabin lights had new cable with  unusual colours so I managed to follow that to locate the fuse
Sadly these lights are sharing with other equipment so it’s another job on the to-do list which only even seems to grow !

All the best

Miles

On 26 Sep 2018, at 10:47, smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello there

I’m on day 2 of a low value treasure hunt.

I’m hunting for a fuse for my cabin lights

I did something stupid trying to fix the fridge light which must be wired into the same circuit so the cabin lights are now out.
Lights in the forepeak, both heads and aft cabin are fine fortunately.

I suspect that all the older Maramus have been adapted over the years and have fuses in different places but in case there is some hidden nook I’ve not yet discovered . . . .

I’ve tested all fuses in and around the circuit board area and behind the chart table, hunted in the engine bay, looked under the mast step and poked about all manner of dark corners but still lights are out

The lights must be wired direct to the battery as there is sadly no main switch to follow from.

Any thoughts about hidden areas I should explore would be very welcome !

All the best

Miles