Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mechanics in Leros, Greece

Thanks, Ian,

I look forward to reading your account as we will probably renew our coupling in due course.
Pen Azen is ashore in Kiladha. We should be afloat but this comes to you from Paraguay, not known for its coastline !  Afloat again next April and thinking of hauling in Leros for July and August and maybe for the winter of 19-20 as well, so would be very interested to hear of your experiences there. Pen Azen is in good shape after a refit so we should not need any work done which we can't do ourselves ( famous last words...)

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece

On 26 Sep 2018, at 09:32, Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Ian & Judy,

I will write it up very shortly including a recommendation when ordering a new coupling from Amel. I am just waiting for a response from Maud before doing so.

Where are you in Greece?

Regards

Ian Crusader SM2K 414 Leros Greece

On 25/09/2018 23:09, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi Ian ,

Can you explain the issue with your Vetus coupling ?

Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 Greece

On 25 Sep 2018, at 08:23, Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hajo,

good to meet you on the dock this morning! Welcome to Leros marina. For the benefit of others who might be considering coming here, I have asked around about the Amel knowledge within the mechanics group. I am told that Panayiotis is very knowledgeable. He is primarily an electrician, but he is also capable of dealing with most things Amel, including rigging. He was previously at Agmar Marine. My mechanic is Manolis who is winning the battle against the Vetus coupling! He seems to be very competent and thorough.

With your arrival, there are now 7 Amels in the marina and another 54 at anchor outside.

Regards

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader

On 25/09/2018 09:57, Amw amw08@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Hi to all supporters,

Thanks a lot to all of you for the valuable informations.
So I am not really at the right spot to let the planned work to be done.

Yes, Bill, I had one of the best teachers 😃 to do the Bowthruster service and I will do it by myself. Best wishes to Judy.

To Ian, maybe we 'll meet here in Leros Marina.

Best regards

Hajo
SM 150 Serafine
Leros

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 23.09.2018 um 18:01 schrieb Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hajo,

Hello to you and Julia!

I do not have anyone to recommend unless Malta is in your plans.

I know that you understand you will be required haul out of the water for C-Drive service. Ans, I know that you know the bow thruster service can be done while in the water.😀

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 9:44 AM Amw amw08@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Amelians,

we reserved a winter berth in Leros Marina and next year we have to do some work at the underwater ship ( Antifouling, Prop shaft seals replacement, Bowthruster, possible Volvo TMD 22 check, etc. )

I guess that some of you had been in Leros. So it would be great if someone can give me an advice which mechanics are experienced in Amel yachts here in Leros.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hajo
SM 150 Serafine

Von meinem iPad gesendet