Galley Refrigerator Malfunction

Jose Venegas

I had an AC technician refill the gas on my Galley refrigerator one month ago because it was not cooling enough. After the refill, the freezer cooled well and the refrigerator worked perfectly for two weeks.  Now it is no longer working at all but for an apparently different cause:  the compressor and fan try to start for 1 second and then stop.  I don't think it is leaking the refrigerant because that would just keep the motor going without lowering the temp.

If it is time to replace the compressor, has anybody done that?  I don't want to replace the refrigerator for esthetic and quality reasons.

Any suggestions?

Jose

SM2K  278

Cold but Still sailing in Boston