From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 2:18 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] model number of CAT pump on watermaker.

Hi Eric,

it is indeed a model 277. Here is the Dessalator reference, but I know it will me much cheaper in the US.  Complete pump head TET_POMPCAT277_COMP
1 Piece 1 290,65 1 290,65 20,0

I just had mine fail when the heads of two of the four bolts that hold the pump head to the body sheared off. That's stainless for you. When I queried Dessalator about it they blamed it on the vibration of the ship!! My unit had 903 hours on it.

I would strongly advise that these bolts are changed every 700 hours to avoid the expense of a pump rebuild or replacement.

There is a number on the pump body that I can get you tomorrow if you wish.

Cheers

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader Leros Greece

On 21/09/2018 05:58, eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Does anyone know the model number of the Cat pump on the 160 lph watermaker?

It was suggested it is model 277.

Fair Winds,

eric

SM 376 Kimberlite