From: Fisher, Thomas W.
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:01 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Instruction on how to take the Sharki Furler apart

Morning Haje,

There is an aluminum plate on the bottom. remove the small screws and it should slide off over the bolts. I had to use a butter knife ground smooth and flat as a wedge between the plate and the housing to get it started. Once its off you will have access to lower end bearings and seal. The side rectangular access panel will let you get at the worm gear and the leaver. The leaver engages/ disengages the worm grear. The small circular panel allows you access to the worm gear bearings and seals.

Hope that helps!!

Tom