Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] In-mast furling motor 1988 Maramu

JOHN HAYES

Hi Graham

My Santorin 1991 probably has the same units

But it’s not clear what the motors are .... probably a small truck starter motor but they were quite easy to overhaul and replace the brushes and bearings

Getting the bearing off the shaft required professional help from someone who had a hydraulic press as I recall

The gear box they drive is a standard bonfiglioli unit available here (NZ) from the company for about Us$300
Best
John Hayes
Nga Waka
Wellington NZ

On 2/10/2018, at 3:39 AM, Graham Cresswell grahamjcresswell@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone have specifications, wiring diagrams or mechanical drawings
for the in-mast furling motor that was installed in the Maramu c. 1988.

Mine has failed and, despite efforts with brushes, I think it needs a
rebuild.  Any information, guidance or experience would be very welcome.

Kind regards

Graham CRESSWELL
S/V Jamesby
Maramu 46 #240