Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] FW: Climma has got me stumped

Mark Erdos

Hi John,

Thanks for the thoughts. The three units are in series. The aft unit is the problem child and is the first in the series (gets the coolest water). The exit flow is very strong and the other units work fine.

Yesterday, it kept shutting down after about 15 seconds. I tried to start it 4 or 5 times and gave up. It sat for about four hours, I tried again. This time it worked the first time and it has been running fine for two days. During the four hours, I didn’t do anything to it. It has the same flow of water now as it did when it kept giving the HP errors. The Climma site only refers to the water flow for this error and in my case this is clearly not the problem.

As I said, this unit seems very sensitive as it always the first unit to stop if the filter is dirty. I am wondering if the sensor that checks for the temperature or high pressure is failing. Not sure what that even looks like and the Climma instructions and site aren’t much help for replacement parts.

Just as I wrote this, the dam thing just shut down with an HP error – I am really starting to hate Climma

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us