Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] FW: Climma has got me stumped

Mark Erdos

Hi John,

Thanks for the thoughts. The three units are in series. The aft unit is the problem child and is the first in the series (gets the coolest water). The exit flow is very strong and the other units work fine.

Yesterday, it kept shutting down after about 15 seconds. I tried to start it 4 or 5 times and gave up. It sat for about four hours, I tried again. This time it worked the first time and it has been running fine for two days. During the four hours, I didn’t do anything to it. It has the same flow of water now as it did when it kept giving the HP errors. The Climma site only refers to the water flow for this error and in my case this is clearly not the problem.

As I said, this unit seems very sensitive as it always the first unit to stop if the filter is dirty. I am wondering if the sensor that checks for the temperature or high pressure is failing. Not sure what that even looks like and the Climma instructions and site aren’t much help for replacement parts.

Just as I wrote this, the dam thing just shut down with an HP error – I am really starting to hate Climma

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Aruba

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 4:23 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] FW: Climma has got me stumped

Hi Mark,

I sometimes get the HP trip after 15 seconds.  I think it is junk in the freon line.  Reason I think this is the sea water circuit is series now on my boat so I know there is good water flow to the unit.  Second when I switch the unit to heat pump it runs fine.

Originally my boat was plumbed with units in parallel.  One was clogged with no SW flow while other was fine.  At the hull flow looked fine.  

Spent a month in Le Marine with AC running.  Had to use dock water pressure to backflush the mud out of the system.  

On Oct 2, 2018 4:13 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Forgot to say, I got this from Climma’s web-page,

The high pressure switch device is snapped more than three times. Check the sea water circuit, switch off and then switch on again the system by means of the panel. If this happens again, call the Assistance Service.

Has anyone been down this road?

The unit is working again, but this is not the first time this has happened. Once it starts to run, it seems to be happy. It is getting to be a real pain to have it so finicky.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:04 PM
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Subject: Climma has got me stumped

The rear AC unit aboard our boat has always been the most finicky when the strainer is dirty.  It is the first to get the HP error and normally I can change the strainer to make it happy. There are times when the entire AC system needs to be flushed and I can normally tell by the exit stream.

However, this is a little different. I am getting an HP error within a few minutes of start up. The system is really clean and I have an excellent jet stream of water exiting the boat. The other two units are working like champs.

The cooling pipes n the rear unit around the compressor feel normal. The top coil is hot, the lower coil is warm when the unit runs. After it give the HP error and shuts down, the coiling tubes instantly feel cool meaning I have a good flow of water.

Does anyone know if there is any other condition that would cause an HP error?

I am stumped!

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.